Tuesday 2 August 2016

personalized desk organizers

To show you that this blog is not just about handcrafted cards, I thought of sharing with you other crafts that I do - DESK ORGANIZERS!
In 2014, when I was still back home in the Philippines, I saw all my office supplies on the two corners of my desk and I find them too cluttered. I fixed them on just one corner, but still I am not satisfied on how it looks. It's too messy for me. I wanted it to be neat but cute at the same time. And so my quest of finding desk organizers started. But with all the desk organizers that I have seen through online sites, they are either too expensive for just a simple organizer, or too simple/small that my pens, post-its and other office supplies won't fit. Then, I saw this box-in-a-box idea, and told myself,  "Why not make my own desk organizer?". A personalized one to fit on my desk and have space for all of my stuff. 
I inventoried my office supplies: planner, pink pens, pink markers, pink highlighters, pencils, pink tape dispenser, pink sharpener, calculator, post-its, staplers, calling cards, rulers and loads of my washi tapes or paper patterned tapes, etc. From this list, I did the measurements and I started to design how I wanted it to look like, where this or that should fit in. So when I finally decided what to do and was able to find the wrapper that I wanted for it, I started my project. Take note: I spent more or less Php300/£5  for this desk organizer.
I watched a video on Youtube on how to make boxes out of cardboards. It's quite tedious to do, but, it's a good one. It will make the boxes durable and will last longer. One day, I will create my new locker organizer for my new workplace and I will keep you guys posted to show the instructions for this box making. But for the mean time, here's the first desk organizer that I have made for myself:
Cello's Desk Organizer


I showed my sister (I call her 'Bunsay' which means little sister) what I made, and as expected, she wanted one as well. But, as a demanding customer she is, she wanted drawers in it. I complied with her request and challenged myself. So I made a base for her desk organizer with two mini drawers at the bottom. I remembered using my old earrings as the mini drawer knobs then added pink butterflies on them. Too cute! I then added numerous boxes on top of it with the same concept as mine. And the final product is soooo good! I wanted it for myself! LOL! Here it is! Isn't it nice? 
Bunsay's Desk Organizer
I hope you guys have enjoyed this post and hope that you will be inspired of designing your own desk organizers. Share your thoughts on this post on the comment box below. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment